CH2M HILL Named #1 Solar Design Firm
October 12, 2011
CH2M HILL, a global full-service consulting, design, construction, and operations firm, has been named the #1 design firm in the solar power industry by Engineering News-Record magazine.
A key reason for CH2M HILL’s earning of ENR’s top ranking is the diversity of strategic planning, permitting, design and construction services the company provides to concentrated solar thermal, photovoltaic solar, and concentrated photovoltaic (PV) solar industry clients. The diversity of geographic markets CH2M HILL serves around the world complements the ranking.
The company serves the entire solar value chain ranging from polysilicon plants and high-volume solar products manufacturing, to solar power generating facilities with more than 600 megawatts of power production capacity and more than 10 years of experience in PV facility design amounting to many gigawatts of PV manufacturing capacity.
The solar power projects include locations in Jordan, the West Indies, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and eight U.S. states. CH2M HILL's comprehensive range of services for these projects includes performance modeling, economic analysis, technology review, permitting, industrial engineering, design, construction, procurement, operations and maintenance.
CH2M HILL solar project examples include:
- Comprehensive permitting support for BrightSource Energy during the 370 MW Ivanpah project (one of the world’s largest solar thermal projects) now in construction in Ivanpah, California.
- Comprehensive permitting support for the planned 400 MW First Solar Silver State Solar Energy Project (one of the world’s largest solar PV projects) near Primm, Nevada.
- Analysis and development of strategies for solar augmentation of a gas-fired power plant including performance modeling, economic analysis, technology review and operations and maintenance considerations.
- Design review, decommissioning planning and operations and performance testing review for an 18 MW solar power facility, one of the largest of its kind on the U.S. East Coast.
- Design/build delivery of a 600MW, 400,000-square-foot solar wafer manufacturing facility in Malaysia involving more than 1 million hours of work without a lost time accident. This fast-track assignment was completed in eight months.
- Design, Engineering and Construction Management delivery of some one of the world’s largest integrated wafer, cell and module manufacturing facilities in China and South-East Asia. The recent REC project in Singapore won a Sharp Award for Safety Performance and a Gold Green Mark Award for sustainability excellence.
- Design of various advanced thin-film high-volume manufacturing facilities built and to be built in the U.S., covering copper indium gallium diselenide (CIGS), cadmium telluride (CdTe) and thin film silicon technologies.
- Technology selection, Front-End Engineering/Design (FEED), and EPC (Engineer, Procure, Construct) services for world-scale polysilicon plants internationally.
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. The firm’s work is concentrated in the areas of water, transportation, environmental, energy, facilities and resources. With US$6.3 billion in revenue and 23,000 employees, CH2M HILL is an industry-leading program management, construction management and design firm, as ranked by
Engineering News-Record and named a leader in sustainable engineering by Verdantix. The firm has been named a FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For five times. Visit us at www.ch2mhill.com, twitter.com/ch2mhill and facebook.com/ch2mhill.